Using Facebook to GROW your Business – 16 July 2012 event
Cardiff Internet Marketing is a business networking event that brings small businesses and Internet Marketing experts together. On 16 July 2012, Rhys Jones of Fan Pages Are Us will share with us his knowledge of how to use Facebook to grow your business.
Using Facebook to GROW your Business
Rhys Jones of Fan Pages Are Us will share with us his insight into using Facebook to grow your business:
- Facebook – it’s much more than a place to gossip!
- Why you and your business must not ignore the power of social media.
- How to build a Facebook Page (Fan Page) for Business. Key to this is understanding the difference between a Personal Facebook Profile and a Fan Page.
- The basics you must get right! Facebook is free, but Rhys believes ‘free’ might not be the best way to get your page off the ground — learn why.
- How to drive traffic to your Facebook Page
- How to convert traffic into ‘Likes’ and then into a marketing list. The bigger and more relevant your list, the greater the profit
- The viral power of Facebook and Social Media.
About Rhys Jones
Rhys Jones is an ex-teacher who changed career to work in the financial services industry. After working with the Prudential for sixteen years, he then spent five years as an Independent Financial Advisor. Rhys has built a sizable property portfolio which he still maintains. He periodically invests in and trades property.
Rhys has always enjoyed learning how to use the Internet to generate new business and keeps up-to-date with innovative ideas and trends. He was quick to understand how Social Media, especially Facebook, already have a very large, engaged potential pool of customers. He studies and practices the best ways connect with these potential new customers online.
Rhys has discovered that while some businesses are using Facebook extremely well and reaping the rewards, the majority aren’t even close! They end up blaming Facebook, or saying that their businesses “don’t work” on Facebook, when the reality might be that they might be missing a trick!
Rhys owns and runs Total Media Solutions which builds Facebook Pages for companies in the UK, USA and Australia under the Fan Pages Are Us brand. He is an active campaigner against ‘Like-for-Likes-sake’ pages instead focusing on creating pages that offer his clients’ customers something of real value that keeps them engaged with his clients long-term.
In addition to Facebook Pages, Total Media Solutions also helps businesses create Google+ Local marketing, mobile websites and apps.
Cardiff Internet Marketing July 2012 event details
Come and join us for the July 2012 Cardiff Internet Marketing event:
- When: Registration from 6:00pm on Monday 16th July 2012. Speaker begins at 6:30pm prompt.
- Where: Future Inn Hotel, Hemingway Rd, Cardiff, CF10 4AU. Google Map.
- Who: “Using Facebook to GROW your business” by Rhys Jones of Fan Pages Are Us.
- How much: £5 on the night, on the door. Limited number of discounted Internet tickets are available at £4.
The Future Inn is located within the Red Dragon Centre complex, opposite County Hall in Cardiff Bay. Drive into the complex, turn left at Chiquito’s restaurant and the hotel is at the end of the road. There is ample, free parking for us but please ensure you inform the hotel’s reception of your car numberplate (there is a security patrol to ensure outsiders aren’t abusing the car park!).
The nearest train station is Cardiff Bay, which is about 10 minutes on foot. Also, the Baycar and other buses come down this way from the City Centre.
Business Networking: Local businesses talking to Internet professionals
Both before and after the talk by our guest speaker, there will be plenty of opportunity to network with other local small businesses and Internet Marketing experts over a relaxed drink at the bar. The talk starts promptly at 6:30pm, with most people turning-up from 6:00pm. After the talk, you can stay as long as you want! (Most people stay until about 9:00pm, some much longer!)
Leave a comment and your email address below if you need any more help and we’ll be in touch with you shortly.